Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Long Hiatus......

....Not sure why but I've had trouble accessing my blog in recent weeks.  So I have quite a number of books to review.
The first is a book by the well known British Atheist Antony Flew.  At least the blurb says that he is a well known atheist, but I had never heard of him.  I guess I haven't been moving in the right/wrong circle.  The book:  "There is A God".  Apparently Antony Flew was the first to come up with a systematic theory of atheism.   He tells in this book how he came to change his mind, from atheism to a belief in God, a Creator.  He says:  "I have followed the argument where it has led me.  And it has led me to accept the existence of a self-existent, immutable, immaterial, omnipotent, and omniscient Being."  He also says about Christianity that:  "If you are wanting omnipotence to set up a religion, it seems to me that this is the one to beat!"
One thing that puzzled him was consciousness:  how could matter give birth to consciousness, another was rationality and conceptual thought:  "How is it possible to evaluate data at all?"
A good read, which I intend to go back to, if ever I have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment